Our mission at OpenClass is to improve the way people learn. Critical to this mission, we must have the proper legalwork and procedures in place to give the students and educators on our platform confidence in our handling of their data. Contact our legal team at [email protected] with any questions or concerns regarding these policies.
LAST UPDATE: December 11, 2019
In addition to these policies, we take the following measures to protect student and educator data:
- We incorporate best practices for API security, including utilizing proxies, requiring user authentication, requiring a CSRF key for secure calls, and never directly storing passwords or other secure information in our database.
- We integrate with Learning Management Systems (LMS) to enable a Single Sign-On (SSO) feature.
- We never sell or disclose a user's information to third parties without their explicit consent.
- We only share student solutions to questions to their own instructor.
- We never share student solutions to other instructors or students on our platform without their explicit consent.
We understand that some universities and institutions may have additional, specific requirements for outside contractors. In such cases, we recommend that they contact us so we can better understand their needs and form a custom solution.